Here’s a basic oil marinade for beef. It’s a technique rather than a recipe, so you can choose the quantities you want.
- Oil Base:
- 50/50 Blend of Canola Oil and Olive Oil – enough to cover the beef.
- Recommended Flavorings:
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh or Dried Bay Leaves
- Garlic Cloves, lightly crushed (peeling unnecessary)
- Vary quantities/proportions depending on how strong you want the flavors to be.
- Additional Possible Ingredients:
- Dried Chilies
Pour the oils into a saucepan.
Add the flavoring ingredients, plus any additions you’d like.
Heat the oil just until it comes to a simmer, then remove the pan from the heat and let it cool completely.
Pour the contents of the pot over your meat in a dish, bowl or zip-top bag. Cover the container/close the bag.
Marinate for the meat for at least several hours (ideally overnight).
Drain off the oil and grill, roast, etc the meat as you normally would.