A tasty, light appetizer: beef skewers with a lime, garlic, chile dipping sauce that is tangy with a little heat.
Drink Pairing: Riesling Wine
Ingredients Appetizer for 6
- Beef Skewers:
- 1 1/2lb Grass-fed Tri Tip or other Steak Cut
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- ½ c Olive Oil
- ½ bunch Fresh Thyme, stems removed
- Bamboo Skewers
- 1 t Oil (sesame or peanut)
- 1 t Fish Sauce
- Juice from 3 Limes
- 1 small Garlic Clove, finely diced
- 1/3 Jalapeno Chile, seeded & finely diced
- ¼ t ground Black Pepper
Slice the steak into long, thin strips (about a quarter of an inch wide) & thread them onto the skewers. Lay the skewers in a baking dish and top them with the three cloves of chopped garlic, thyme and oil.
Move the dish to the refrigerator and marinate the skewers (covered) for 2-24 hours (the longer the better).
Stir together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl..
Remove the skewers from the marinade, season them with salt, and cook them on the grill (or a grill pan) to your desired level of doneness.
Serve with the sauce on the side.